The first person with severe hemophilia to climb to the top of the tallest mountain in the world just summited this morning, according to his Facebook page. That's quite extraordinary.
For those with chronic and life-threatening diseases, this is a watershed moment, says the documentary producer who captured the ascent of Chris Bombardier.
Image of Chris Bombardier from his Facebook page
Here's a few words from his page Adventures of a Hemophiliac - Chris Bombardier:
- For every child who has been told no due to their bleeding disorder.
- For every patient wondering when his next dose of life-saving clotting factor will be.
- For every family who has plans derailed by hemophilia.
- For every parent who goes to bed in agony not understanding how to treat their child’s disorder.
- For every hemophiliac athlete who waits in quiet hesitation out of fear of injury.
- For all of us overcoming the impossible.
This mountain is for you.
If you're interested to join the movement to increase awareness of this incurable condition of being unable to stop bleeding, and to help sufferers get the treatment they need, check out Save One Life and Bombardier Blood.
This is what a true champion of the world looks like. We salute you, Chris Bombardier!