India is a land of vibrant festivals and traditions, and Raksha Bandhan is one such festival that is celebrated with great zeal. Raksha Bandhan or Rakhi Bandhan celebrates the bond of love between brothers and sisters where the brother promises to protect and support his sister throughout life. This festival is celebrated on a full moon day in the month of Shravana. Raksha bandhan—the festival of love and brotherhood is celebrated across the country by the Hindus, Sikhs, Jains as well as the Muslims.
Raksha Bandhan is also a festival of flavorful sweets and gifts. After tying Rakhi (a protective thread) to the wrist of their brothers, sisters pray for their brothers’ success and long life and offer them sweets. Thus, the festival of Raksha Bandhan is incomplete without mouthwatering mithhai or sweets such as—
- Kaju-katli or Kaju Barfi made of cashew nuts, dry fruit, ghee, and saffron;
- Gulab Jamun made of khoa (milk solids);
- Coconut barfi made of grated coconut, sautéed in khoya, milk, ghee, cardamom powder, and sugar;
- Ghewar made of flour dipped in sugar syrup;
- Besan Barfi or Besan Laddoo made of gram flour, dry fruits, sugar, and ghee;
- Rasgulla made of Indian cottage cheese balls cooked in sugar syrup;
- Son-papdi made of gram flour, milk, ghee, cardamom, and sugar;
- Motichoor laddoo made of deep-fried gram flour balls which are later boiled in sugar syrup;
- Coconut laddoo made of grated coconut, milk, sugar, and sautéed in ghee;
- Kalakand barfi or milk cakes are made of milk solids, sugar, and paneer;
- Mohanthal and Mysore Pak made of gram flour and sugar roasted in ghee.
- Moong Dal Halwa made of yellow lentils (moong dal), sugar, milk, and dry fruits.
If your siblings stay miles away from you, you can choose to buy sweets online this Raksha Bandhan to exhilarate them. Online mithai shopping is easy and offers multiple benefits; for example—
- Online mithai shopping is convenient as it saves time and enables you to buy the mithai of your choice in the comfort of your home;
- An online sweet shop is available 24x7;
- You can buy premium quality sweets made of desi ghee at the best price;
- The online order placed by you is delivered to your doorstep or the recipient’s address.
- Some online sweet stores also deliver traditional Indian sweets across the globe;
- You can grab attractive deals and discounts on sweets and desserts;
- You can buy mithai from leading sweet vendors of the country;
- When you buy mithai online, you get the option to choose from a wide variety of sweets;
- You can also purchase assorted sweets specially designed for Raksha Bandhan;
- You can also buy combo gift packs of mithai and namkeens for your siblings;
- Last but not least, online sweet stores offer easy payment options.
Thus, order Indian sweets online to defy the distance this Raksha Bandhan. What’s more, if your siblings are on a low sugar diet, you can also purchase sugar-free sweets for them from online mithai shops.