The remains of a submarine that disappeared with 44 crew members on board a year ago has been found, the Argentine navy says.
The ARA San Juan submarine went down 430km (270 miles) off the Argentine coast on Nov. 15, 2017.
The navy stopped its rescue mission two weeks after the sub's disappearance.
According to a tweet from the Argentine navy, the ARA San Juan had been certainly identified under the water by a US company.
The navy had earlier shared a picture from the seabed, suggesting a 60m-long object might be the missing submarine.
Relatives gathered to remember their loved ones earlier this week, while President Mauricio Macri promised to keep up the search for the submarine.
The sub was ordered to cut its mission short and return to the naval base in Mar del Plata immediately.
The Argentine navy's last contact with the vessel was at approximately 07:30 (10:30 GMT) on Nov. 15, at which point its captain reportedly confirmed that the crew were well.
Eight days after the sub vanished, the Vienna-based Comprehensive Nuclear Test-Ban Treaty Organisation said that it had detected a noise a few hours after the sub's last contact.