Today I am here to discuss with you fruits that need to be avoided during pregnancy. Pregnancy is one of the most challenging phases in a woman’s life, and maintaining a healthy diet is certainly the biggest challenges of all. Although a healthy diet is incomplete without fruits, but there are certain fruits that I would recommend avoiding during pregnancy -
· Pineapple: The one fruit that women must avoid during pregnancy is pineapple, for the high bromelain content found in this fruit increases the chances of premature labor which can cause further complications in the delivery.
· Grapes: Pregnant women are recommended to avoid grapes for mainly two reasons. Firstly grape skin is rich in resveratrol which can have a toxic impact on them, and secondly due to the difficulty pregnant women can have digesting grapes, especially the black ones.
· Papaya: Another fruit that must be avoided in pregnancy is raw papaya, for it is believed to cause miscarriages in pregnant women.
· Watermelon: The reason why watermelons must be avoided during pregnancy is their high water content that helps flush out toxins from the body, but somehow also expose these toxins to the baby.
· Peach: Last but not least, the 5th fruit to be avoided during pregnancy is peach, which if consumed in large amount can cause internal bleeding in the body and even result in a miscarriage.