ENTERTAINMENT

A Third Woman Accused ‘Gossip Girl’ Star Ed Westwick Of Sexual Assault

Dibyendu Roy Chowdhury
Author
Dibyendu Roy Chowdhury
A Third Woman Accused ‘Gossip Girl’ Star Ed Westwick Of Sexual Assault

Is Ed Westwick a sexual predator? Or is it just a gossip? The doubt deepens as more and more women have come forward to accuse the Gossip Girl actor of sexual assault.

Rachel Eck, a creative producer in Hollywood, told Buzzfeed that Westwick sexually assaulted her the night before the 2014 Academy Awards.

Eck, who was working as an executive assistant at that time, went to meet Westwick and her ex-boyfriend Kaine Harling at Sunset Marquis Hotel in West Hollywood at around 2.30am, hoping to get back together with Harling.

That turned out to be a horrific night for her as Westwick turned his sights on her.

Eck told Buzzfeed that whenever Harling left the room that night, Westwick would “try to kiss me or kind of push me up against a wall.”

During her seven-hour stay with the pair, Eck repeatedly had to push Westwick off, reminding him that she is dating Harling.

It did have a little effect on him, as he became more aggressive with every passing moment.

She even told Harling about the incident, but he brushed it off.

When she decided enough is enough and was leaving, Westwick pulled her aside to apologize.

She thought to hear him out and followed him into his bedroom, where she claimed the actor “pulled me onto the bed and aggressively groped me”.

“I shoved him off as quickly as I could and left. I have never felt so uncomfortable in a situation like that in my entire life,” she stressed.

Eck didn’t say anything about the assault before as that kind of thing “just seemed to be accepted”. She found her confidence seeing other women accuse Westwick of assaulting them.

Kristina Cohen was the first to open up and alleged Westwick of raping her in 2014. Aurelie Wynn followed the suit, alleging of the same crime.

Cohen also filed an official report on November 7, and LAPD has started an investigation into her allegation.

The British actor, however, denied both the claims.

“I have never forced myself in any manner, on any woman. I certainly have never committed rape,” he wrote on Twitter last week.

“It is disheartening and sad to me that as a result of two unverified and provably untrue social media claims, there are some in this environment who could ever conclude I have had anything to do with such vile and horrific conduct,” he explained.

“I absolutely have not,” he defended, adding that he is cooperating with the authorities to clear his name as soon as possible.

It seems not everyone is convinced with his explanation. On Friday, the BBC decided to stop airing Westwick's new miniseries Ordeal By Innocence.

Photo credit: Getty