The first step to a healthy meal is the right ingredients. My ultimate grocery list is a treasure map for the preparation of healthy food. Before heading to the store, make sure that you have a grocery list in your hands for a healthy cooking.
- Lemon: Lemon is rich in Vitamin C and it helps to increase the good cholesterol in the body. It also inhibits the potential growth of cancer cells.
- Broccoli: Just one stalk of broccoli can fulfill your daily need of Vitamin K. It provides you Vitamin C as well. Both the nutrients are two essential nutrients for bone building.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate has the ability to reduce blood pressure with the consumption of just quarter of an ounce every day. The cocoa powder is rich in flavonoids. It is also a storehouse of antioxidants and it is shown to increase the good HDL in your body.
- Potatoes: One potato contains the same amount of folate found in one full cup of spinach i.e. 66mg. Sweet potatoes contain Vitamin A which is a cancer fighting and immune boosting nutrient.
- Salmon: It is an excellent source of Omega 3 fatty acids which further helps to fight depression and cancer.
- Garlic: It is a helpful agent to fight with several diseases. It consists of an anti inflammatory compound known as Allicin.
- Spinach: Spinach contains two major components: Lutein and Zeaxanthin. They are two antioxidants essential for the health of eye. It is one of the most effective veggies among cancer fighting ingredients.