Dental adhesives enable a person to wear the dentures without any worry of slipping or moving while having food or talking. It also helps to fight the entire odor with its antibacterial ingredients as well as release the discomfort which can come from a loose denture. You can find different types of dental adhesives in powder, strip or cream form and each of them has its own benefits.
Types of denture adhesive
● Creams: If you apply the cream form of denture adhesive then it will come in the convenient tube and will offer all-day hold. You can easily apply the perfect amount of this adhesive to the dentures by using the control tip of the tube.
● Powder: You can also use this powder instead of cream as it can easily hold the dentures for at least 12 hours. So one can easily speak, smile and eat without the fear of the denture falling or slipping.
● Strips: You can also use the strips in order to hold the dentures in a convenient and quick manner. You can easily apply this and it will also help to keep the food particles away from getting stuck in the dentures.
Points to keep in mind while using denture adhesive
● Always opt for the dentures that are fitting your mouth properly because it is forbidden to use the adhesive on loose dentures.
● Always clean the dentures every night and keep it immersed in water to promote a healthy oral health.
● Opt for the adhesives that have good antibacterial ingredients which will help you to fight the entire mouth odour.
● Buy the adhesives with proper instruction about the amount which you need to apply.
● If you use a good adhesive then you won't have to apply a lot of that.
You should always buy a good denture adhesive. If you feel any kind of irritation while applying this adhesive then you should contact a dentist and never use it in your mouth if it has soreness or cut. Always try to buy the best type of denture adhesive to avoid these risks