Being a model isn’t easy. There is always a lot of work to do, photoshoots to attend, campaigns to be a part of, and more. But where does all this begin?
I am Evelyn, and I was once the captain of my college’s fashion team. I wasn’t always so confident and mature in the ways I handled situations. In fact, I was the shy kid who always listened more than she said. One day, my college senior came up to me and said, “You look good, even though you don’t particularly have a good taste in fashion but I see potential in you”. I didn’t realize at that time how correct he was.
It was only when I started paying attention to what I wore and how I made my first impression those things started to change in my life.
Here are some of the tips I’ve picked up that have helped me create a good first impression on others –
- Always dress according to the occasion. You wouldn’t want to wear a suit and tie to a pool party, would you?
- Never wear wrinkled or dirty clothes when meeting someone for the first time.
- Always pick your outfit one night before the meeting so that you don’t panic or wear the wrong outfit if in a hurry.
- Solid colors are always a reliable choice. Avoid wearing printed tees or tees with quotes. Obviously, you wouldn’t want the other one to get distracted when you’re speaking to them, right?
- As casual as the look might be, avoid wearing sandals or slippers during first meetings. Always wear shoes that match your outfit.