Hey! I’m Evelyn, a primary school teacher who just loves spending time with kids. I teach kids because I love giving them knowledge and shaping them up for a better future. The summer is almost upon us and as teachers, we have a bunch of energetic kids who are ready to go into the summer break.
Now it is our job to make sure they don’t waste their breaking binge-watching TV shows and movies on Netflix. I want my kids to go out in the sun and indulge in some outdoor activities. It will not only give them a sense of the real world but it will also improve their social skills and help them learn something new during their holidays.
Here is a list of some of the fun things kids can do during summer break.
- Have a backyard campfire with friends or just use to grill to roast hot dogs, pop popcorn, and finish off the day with s’mores.
- Volunteer at a nature center.
- Go for a long nature walk and collect objects. Make a collage from the objects you have collected along the way.
- Visit a beach nearby and collect seashells.
- Set up a lemonade stand outside your home and raise money for a good cause.
- Write your own book and get it published into an actual hardcover book using IlluStory.
- Stage an A-to-Z scavenger hunt where you will have to find something that starts with each letter from A to Z.
- Go biking on a trail.