Prince Philip Not To Face Charges Over Crash

Prince Philip Not To Face Charges Over Crash

StoriaNews
Collection StoriaNews
Prince Philip Not To Face Charges Over Crash

Britain's Prince Philip will not face any charges over the car crash in which the 97-year-old's Land Rover flipped onto its side, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) announced Thursday.

The Duke of Edinburgh, husband of Queen Elizabeth II, collided last month with another vehicle carrying two women, aged 28 and 45, as well as a nine-month old baby boy.

While the 97-year-old emerged unscathed after the accident on a public road near the Queen's Sandringham estate in Norfolk, the 28-year-old suffered cuts to her knee while the 45-year-old sustained a broken wrist. The baby boy was unhurt.

While the CPS did not identify Philip by name, the statement's details matched the prince's crash, according to CNN.

"We have decided that it would not be in the public interest to prosecute," it said.

Philip gave up his driver's license in the wake of the crash – after it became clear that he could be charged over it.

A Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said the prince "respects" the CPS decision, according to Britain's Press Association.

The CPS said it had considered "the level of culpability, the age of the driver and the surrender of the driving license" in its decision.

After the accident, which occurred on January 17, pictures emerged showing Philip's vehicle lying on its side with debris scattered around it.

Be the first to like it!

Comments

avatar

People also liked

Related stories
1.
Divorce - A Life Changing Decision
2.
The Worst Political Leaders of the World
3.
Gambling: Something that can destroy the whole life
4.
What Are the Worst Shows on Netflix?
5.
How to Lose Weight
6.
My Journey of Silence
7.
The Story Behind the First Ever E-mail Sent
8.
Mapping the Popularity of the Keto Diet
9.
Why Soaked Almonds Are Better Than Raw Almonds?
10.
Top 5 Social Media Sites for Your Brand
500x500
500x500